CMT.com: OFFSTAGE: Thank You, Live Nation Concert Security Staff

photo oflivenation - OFFSTAGE: Thank You, Live Nation Concert Security Staff

OFFSTAGE: Thank You, Live Nation Concert Security Staff

(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)

Thank you for tasting my daughter's water bottle. Thank you for not just taking her word for it that it was water. Thank you for not trusting her. On Saturday night (Sept. 24), my 16-year-old daughter went to see Toby Keith, and it was her first concert without me there by her side. She went with friends this time, to sit on the lawn, even though I offered to go with them and buy good seats. She declined that offer semi-politely. And I was semi-OK with that. The hardest part of holding on is letting go, right? So I gave in and provided her and her friends the lectures about drinking and painted a very, very ugly picture of what goes on the lawn at these shows. I said I could literally guarantee she would smell pot, see all kinds of drunk and disorderly conduct, watch people she knows get arrested and witness the long line of angry parents coming to retrieve their teenagers. When she got home, she said I was right about everything. Then she told me about the water tasting. "He said he needed to make sure it wasn't vodka," she told me. It wasn't, thank God. I hated letting her go, but knowing security (and plenty of undercover cops) are there, have zero tolerance policies and are unwilling to turn the other cheek makes me feel like I won't be forced to ban live music from her life. And for that, I'm grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monty Pythons Spamalot in Springfield, IL - presale password

Jason Derulo in New York, NY - presale code

Artists – BoxOfficeHero